A firestorm of debate broke out recently over an Instagram photo of a 3-year-old eating ice cream while taking a bath. The blogger was heavily criticized for publicly sharing a nude photo of her child to her 25,000 followers. This month, Time Magazine’s parenting writer, Carolyn Jones, dove into the issue of parents “oversharing” online and [...]Full Story»
Thousands of high school graduates are headed off to college in the weeks ahead. Congratulations to all the new collegians, and good luck! Is your teenager working toward attending the college of their dreams? It turns out, getting good grades is only part of the admissions process. Nowadays, your child’s online reputation can be a factor [...]
The news about Wikileaks and the potential threat to our national security is making headlines throughout the world. If you haven’t yet had a conversation with your child about Wikileaks, but you believe he or she is talking about it with friends or at school, it may be prudent to have a conversation about social [...]
Today’s guest blogger is Staci Perkins, a tech-savvy mom of two social media-using teenage boys, a tween girl who’s constantly connected to her cell phone, and a fourth grade boy who is just venturing out to (cyber) space. As technology evolves at lightning speed, it’s difficult to keep up with what’s out there in the [...]
More in this category
- FOSI 2010: Internet Freedom, Safety & Citizenship. A Global Call to Action
- For Parents: Did You Know That Your Child Has A Digital Dossier?
- For Parents: Is your Teen or Tween Too Sexy For Halloween?
- For Parents: A Fresh Perspective on SafetyWeb’s Internet Monitoring Software
- Social Networks: Should Teachers “Friend” Students Online?
- Study: Social Network Privacy Concerns by Parents and Teens